NYC Chess Tournaments
Celebrating over 30 years of developing after school chess programs in the greater NY area.
All Upcoming Tiger Strong Academy Chess Tournaments
See full Tournament info below schedule
The Tiger Strong Academy Tournament Schedule
Championship @ The Tiger Strong Academy
NOVICE - Grades K-2 Under 600
ELEMENTARY - Grades K-6 Under 500
ADVANCED - Grades K-12 Under 1000
CHAMPIONSHIP- K-12 Under 1400
Under 1800 SECTION- K-12 Adults Included
3-SS 3 Rounds Per Section
TIME CONTROLS: G/25; d/5 FOR ALL SECTIONS
Due To Space Constraints, Entries Are limited To The First 72 Players
Entrants can ‘play up’ into any section.
All Sections Rated By The United States Chess Federation (USCF).
Time & Location:
- The Tiger Strong Academy
- Round one begins at 12:00PM. Rounds 2-3 will begin as soon as the previous round has finished.
- On site registration: 11:30 - 11:45 AM. Late entrants may not be paired for the first round.
- TOURNAMENT SITE: The Tiger Strong Academy 1521 York Ave. New York, NY 10028
All CDC and government related restrictions will be strictly adhered to. Check our website for Coronavirus restriction updates, as we get closer to the event, as restrictions will most likely change as we move forward.
- Entry Fees:
$49.00 if received online 6 days before Tournament,
Please register in advance if possible, to avoid the additional $10 late fee.
- Membership Required: $20.00/yr for the U.S. CHESS FEDERATION (USCF),
- Send entry and make checks payable to Tri-State Chess:
The Chess Exchange, 325 E. 88 St. New York, NY 10128 … Fax (917) 477-2110 Info (212) 289-5997
- Credit card entries accepted by phone, fax, mail & Online: www.TriStateChess.com Info@TriStateChess.com
Please Bring Chess Clock if you have one. Boards & Pieces supplied.
- Trophies to top 3 in all sections.
- CLASS PRIZES: Advanced: Top Under 800, Championship Top Under 1200, Under 1800 Top Under 1600
- ENGRAVED CHESS MEDAL TO ALL OTHERS featuring the name and date of the tournament on the back
- Trophies to top Teams in each section.
- The top 2 scorers from the same school in the same section make up the team score.
Due to a large number of players withdrawing at the last moment, we are implementing the following policy. Once the late entry fee goes into effect at midnight, 72 hours before the tournament, no refunds will be provided for any reason to players who need to drop out of the tournament.Otherwise, our standard refund policy remains the same: Players who drop out of the tournament before the late entry fee goes into effect can have a credit for the full amount of the registration fee to be used towards any future tournament. Players who want the refund to go to their credit card can have the refund minus a $10 registration fee.
Tournaments at Bryant Park are divided into 7 sections based upon age and strength. Players can play "up" into any section. The top section includes Adults and offers Cash prizes. Trophies, plaques and medals to all others.